Overweight and obesity are among the many dietary issues that impact our society. The consequences of obesity can be devastating. With the right team of professionals, obesity can be treated and cured. There are often several underlying causes that require a professional to discover the root problem. Many of these problems can be attributed to:
- biological factors
- poor eating habits
Teenagers are bombarded with negative images from television and the internet. Many times their minds are just too young to differentiate between reality and imagination. Most teens are unable to articulate that they are depressed. As a result, they refuse to open up to family members and friends about their feelings. If you notice any of the following signs with your teenager(s), do not delay seeking professional help. Our team is available 24 hrs a day.
- Lack of motivation
- Withdrawn from engaging with family & friends
- Excessive sleeping
- Significant loss or gain of appetite
- Difficulty concentrating
- Risky behaviors (stealing,promiscuity, drug & alcohol use)
- Increased irritability
Autism and other developmental delays are more common than most people know. Many parents feel isolated because of the stigma related to these issues. If you suspect that your child is experiencing developmental delay(s), it is critical that you seek early intervention. Some of the symptoms related to Austism are:
2.Little to no eye-contact
3.Motor skill delay
4.Lack of joyful expressions (verbal& nonverbal)
As a parent or guardian, you owe it to your child(ren) to do the following:
1.Don’t blame yourself
2.Seek professional help for you & your child(ren)
3.Realize you are not alone
At LYLE, we understand the complexities of developmental delay and brain development in children. Our professionals have a unique and compassionate approach to diagnosis and treatment. We treat our child patients the way we would want our children treated.
Stress can come in so many different forms. Many people experience stress but ignore the severity of it. Stress can cause one to ruin valuable relationships, jobs and overall happiness. Some effective activities that can help to alleviate stress are:
1. Writing a letter to yourself explaining the things in your life that you are grateful for: When we are stressed, we often are incapable of appreciating some of life’s blessings. This activity will help redirect your focus on positivity.
2. Decluttering your bedroom: Have you noticed that when you are stressed, you tend to have a junky room? Restore your sense of calm by organizing your room, this will improve your overall mood as well as help with a good night’s rest.
3. Relaxed Breathing or Meditation: Breathing and Meditation help clear the mind and ease the physical tension often experienced during stress.
These are only three of several techniques available to help with stress. Our team of professionals are experienced with finding the underlying causes of stress and providing a comprehensive treatment plan unique to each individual.